Have you ever stood under a waterfall?
你曾经站在瀑布下面过吗?
At first, all you hear would just be buzzing noise.
起初,你只能听到杂乱的噪音。
But if you stay there for a little while, you would find that the noise disappeared.
但如果你多待一会儿,你会发现这些噪音消失了。
It's not that the whole world just fell into silence.
并不是说整个世界突然陷入了寂静。
It's just that you have merged into the world around you.
只是,你已经融入到你周围的环境之中了。
Your heart found its peace.
你的心灵获得了平静。
You still hear the sound. But you now feel it with your body and your mind, not your ears.
你依旧能听到那些声音。但你现在是在用你的整个身体和你的思维来感受它,而不是用耳朵。
This is what being calm is all about.
所谓冷静,就是这样一个状态。
Most of times we focus too much on the physical sensation and we get trapped by it.
大多数时候,我们将太多的注意力放在了生理感官上面,并被它困住了。
But we are humans. We are superior than other animals because we can think.
但我们是人,我们是优于其他动物的,因为我们有思考的能力。
【英语美文:瀑布下面的哲理】相关文章:
★ 英语标准美文85
最新
2020-12-21
2020-08-06
2020-07-31
2020-07-30
2020-07-30
2020-07-30