Former England captain David Beckham said on Monday that he won't be back in action until November as his recovery is taking longer than expected.
"I won't be running for another three months, so I will be playing again in, probably, November," Beckham said.
Beckham underwent surgery in March after rupturing his tendon while on loan at AC Milan. He had previously said he expected to be fit to play by September.
Los Angeles Galaxy soccer player David Beckham attends a press conference in Hoboken, New Jersey, July 15, 2009.
It means he will be ruled out of the entire MLS season for the Los Angeles Galaxy, and the next time the midfielder is likely to be ready to play for England would be the 2010 European Championship qualifier against Wales on March 26, 2011.
Despite the injury, Beckham is still set to travel with England to the World Cup in South Africa. England will first play against the United States in the World Cup on June 12.
【体坛英语资讯:Beckham wont be back in action until November】相关文章:
★ 体坛英语资讯:Wenger signals that Lehmann can leave for right offer
★ 娱乐资讯:Paris Hilton to be released on Tuesday
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Rome International Film Festival opens
★ 体坛英语资讯:Russia through, champions bow out without win at Euro 2008
★ 体坛英语资讯:Female Yao a head above the rest
★ 体坛资讯:Chinese road riders taste acceleration through studying abroad
★ 体坛资讯:Zhu unfazed by ZZ suspension
★ 娱乐英语资讯:French model-turned First Ladys nude photo on sale
★ 体坛英语资讯:Chinas EAFC title hopes dashed after losing to Japan 1-0
★ 体坛资讯:Henin wins 3rd consecutive French Open title
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15