显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。
7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。
I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!
8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。
Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。
9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。
Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.
振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。
10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。
She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.
她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。
11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。
Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.
今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。
【英语常见习语】相关文章:
★ 英语晨读:金窗
最新
2020-12-21
2020-08-06
2020-07-31
2020-07-30
2020-07-30
2020-07-30