MADRID, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- Rafael Nadal on Monday pulled out of Spain's Davis Cup clash with Croatia this weekend, the Spanish tennis federation said.
Nadal, who went down in five sets to Roger Federer in Sunday's final of the Australian Open, will be replaced by Feliciano Lopez for the World Group first-round tie.
The Spanish tennis federation said its medical staff suggested that Nadal sit out the trip to Osijek given "the little recovery time" available to the world number six.
The federation noted that Nadal "had played in a lot of matches after four months out of action" in January.
Five-time Davis Cup champions Spain are making their return to the World Group after a two-year absence.
Lopez, the world number 33, joins Roberto Bautista Agut, Pablo Carreno Busta and Marc Lopez against Croatia, who lost to Argentina in last year's final.
【体坛英语资讯:Nadal pulls out of Davis Cup】相关文章:
★ 体坛英语资讯:Hosts hopes up in the air at World Cup
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Kate Hudsons son excited seeing mom on TV
★ 体坛英语资讯:China achieves best results on track and field
★ 体坛资讯:Bucks draft Yi Jianlian of China
★ 体坛英语资讯:China fails to break no-win record jinx against S.Korea
★ 体坛资讯:Dujkovic wants to lead China to 2010 World Cup
★ 体坛英语资讯:Draft law seeks to find life after sport
★ 体坛英语资讯:Totti denies considering Italy return
★ 体坛英语资讯:Djokovic tames Tsonga, Sun crowned with Serbian partner
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Sarkozys wife hailed as Frances Diana
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15