But the little prince was wondering… The planet was tiny. Over what could this king really rule?
可是小王子感到很奇怪。这么小的行星,国王他对什么进行统治呢?
"Sir," he said to him, "I beg that you will excuse my asking you a question--"
他对国王说:“陛下……请原谅,我想问您……”
"I order you to ask me a question," the king hastened to assure him.
国王急忙抢着说道:“我命令你问我。”
"Sir-- over what do you rule?"
“陛下……你统治什么呢?”
"Over everything," said the king, with magnificent simplicity.
国王非常简单明了地说:“我统治一切。”
"Over everything?"
“一切?”
The king made a gesture, which took in his planet, the other planets, and all the stars.
国王轻轻地用手指着他的行星和其他的行星,以及所有的星星。
"Over all that?" asked the little prince.
小王子说:“统治这一切?”
"Over all that," the king answered.
“统治这一切。”
For his rule was not only absolute: it was also universal.
原来他不仅是一个绝对的君主,而且是整个宇宙的君主。
"And the stars obey you?"
“那么,星星都服从您吗?”
"Certainly they do," the king said. "They obey instantly. I do not permit insubordination."
【暖心小说《小王子》第10章】相关文章:
★ Why Love
最新
2020-12-21
2020-08-06
2020-07-31
2020-07-30
2020-07-30
2020-07-30