Lawyers representing some of the male and female victims, some of whom were as young as 8 when the abuse occurred, said their clients had indicated that an organized pedophile ring involving other celebrities had existed at the BBC during the height of Savile's fame in the 1970s and 1980s.
"There is information of a possible pedophile ring, and we have people who have approached us with that information," said Alicia Alinia, one of the lead lawyers involved in the cases for the Slater and Gordon law firm. "It seems to be a number of people who were involved other than Jimmy Savile, I can't reveal any specific names of celebrities involved, but it seems as though it wasn't just limited to unknowns."
Earlier, the BBC said new allegations had been made against nine current BBC staff or contributors since revelations about Savile were first broadcast by rival British channel ITV.
These ranged from inappropriate language or behavior to harassment and serious claims of sexual assault.
The New York Times stood by its incoming chief on Wednesday, even as questions about the BBC child sex abuse scandal followed him from one of Britain's most respected news organizations to one of the US'.
And in Britain, a lawmaker said he had more questions for Thompson.
In a letter to a lawmaker and an interview with the Times, Thompson said he never knew of the Savile story before it was spiked and had never met the network's popular star.
【Savile victims allege pedophile ring】相关文章:
★ Mayor vows action after killings of Chinese
★ Debate bubbles over sugary drink ban
★ Al-Qaida, Taliban rift emerges
★ Qihoo 360 challenges Baidu's hold on search engines
★ SCO will work together to fight terrorism
★ Chinese tourists on Italy ship safe
★ Mine blast death toll rises to 44
★ Attack against Chinese students on Australia train prompts fury online
★ Visitors flock to plant despite risk
最新
2020-08-21
2020-08-20
2020-08-19
2020-08-06
2020-08-05
2020-08-05