RIO DE JANEIRO, July 18 -- Brazil international left-back Filipe Luis is in ongoing talks with Flamengo about a possible move to the Rio de Janeiro club, the player's manager said on Thursday.
Luis is a free agent after parting ways with Atletico Madrid last month but Flamengo reportedly face competition for the 33-year-old's signature from several European teams, including Bayer Leverkusen and Barcelona.
Flamengo directors Marcos Braz and Bruno Spindel met with Luis's representatives in Madrid on Thursday but failed to reach an agreement. Flamengo are hoping to secure the 33-year-old before 3pm on Friday, which is the deadline to register players for the Copa Libertadores knockout stage.
"Nothing was decided at the meeting but it was a good one. I can say that negotiations continue," Luis's agent Savio Bortolini told local sports media Lance.
Luis has said that his preference is to remain in Europe and he has not ruled out signing a new contract with Atletico Madrid, where he has played eight of the past nine seasons.
【体坛英语资讯:Flamengo continue talks with Filipe Luis: agent】相关文章:
★ 体坛英语资讯:Capello just the tonic for England
★ 体坛英语资讯:Russia through, champions bow out without win at Euro 2008
★ 体坛英语资讯:Barcas title hopes dented
★ 体坛英语资讯:Sprinter Gay, swimmer Hoff win top US honours
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Depp persuaded to become star by pal Cage
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Paris Hilton: Britneys a great mother
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Dutch broadcasters unwilling to air controversial Koran film
★ 体坛英语资讯:Chinas Yi takes NBA rookie honour
★ 体坛英语资讯:Chinas Li Na makes strong start to season
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15