Antibiotic breakthrough, pizza for the homeless 抗生素研究获新突破、比萨店做慈善
本集内容 Antibiotic breakthrough 抗生素研究取得突破性进展
Free pizza for the homeless on your behalf 美国费城比萨店帮顾客献爱心
Resistance to antibiotics has been classed by the World Health Organisation as one of the biggest threats to global health. Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in the United States say they’ve now managed to modify one antibiotic which was becoming ineffective against one strain of bacteria. The new version of the drug vancomycin is now so powerful they’ve labelled it as ‘magic’. It’s 1,000 times stronger and works in three different ways, making it much harder for the bacteria to fight back.
世界卫生组织已将人体对抗生素的耐药性划分为危害全球健康最严重的威胁之一。美国斯克利普斯研究所(Scripps Research Institute)的研究者说,他们已经成功改良了一类抗生素使其再次对抗已产生抗药性的一组细菌。现在,新版万古霉素药效极强,科学家们甚至称其为“神奇”。新药的杀菌力是旧版的1000倍,而且它有三种抗菌机制,从而使细菌更难反抗药物的作用。
Rosa's Fresh Pizza shop in Philadelphia in the United States offers pizza to customers at a dollar a slice. But you can pay for a slice, leave a post-it note, and that slice will be given free to people in need. Owner Mason Wartman hopes other shops will follow. He says that a little kindness could help people turn their lives around.
【Antibiotic breakthrough, pizza for the homeless 抗生素研究获新突破、比萨店做慈善】相关文章:
★ Amsterdam tackles child obesity 阿姆斯特丹解决儿童肥胖危机新倡议
★ Cinema for the homeless and poetry in a box 流浪者的电影院,匣子里的诗
★ Do we need to attend lectures? 大学生是否需要听讲座式课程?
★ How safe is your bed? 你的床安全吗?
★ To lie through your teeth 睁眼说瞎话
★ Bored at work? Sue the boss! 工作无聊怪老板?
★ Born in the wrong place for good schools? 在英国想上好学校 要生对地方?
★ New ape species discovered 科学家发现类人猿新物种
★ Cat got your tongue? 不吭声,无言以对
最新
2019-11-15
2019-11-15
2019-11-15
2019-11-15
2019-11-15
2019-11-15