BUENOS AIRES, April 4 -- Argentinian President Alberto Fernandez said Saturday that the country's football competitions - halted since March 17 because of the coronavirus outbreak - are unlikely to resume before June.
Fernandez said health experts had predicted that COVID-19 infections in the South American country would continue rising throughout April and May.
"There are certain activities that will suffer more than others from the quarantine. They include football, cinema, theatre," Fernandez told Radio Mitre.
"Football without spectators would allow for some flexibility. But in May? I don't know. May seems to me to be the worst month because it is when we expect the peak and as such we shouldn't encourage the movement of people."
All football competitions in South America have been in recess since mid-March as a precaution against the coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed the lives of more than 64,000 people worldwide.
On Saturday night, Argentina's health ministry reported 1,451 confirmed cases of the virus so far, 43 of which have been fatal.
【体坛英语资讯:Argentinian football set to remain in recess until June: President】相关文章:
★ 体坛英语资讯:China to meet U.S. in basketball opener at Olympic Games
★ 体坛英语资讯:Bayern seal 21st Bundesliga title
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Paris Hiltons marry hurry
★ 体坛资讯:China storm into semis, S. Korea pose strong in Sudirman Cup
★ 体坛英语资讯:Officials: Player swaps help golf grow in China
★ 体坛英语资讯:Beijing Olympic Flame arrives in Bangkok
★ 体坛英语资讯:Swiss squad for Euro 2008 opener against Czech Republic
★ 体坛英语资讯:FA hold talks with Capello
★ 体坛英语资讯:Staying alive! Rockets rip Jazz 95-69 in Game 5
★ 体坛英语资讯:Visiting Shanghai Sharks lose NBA pre-season game against Houston Rockets 94-131
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15