40. I stayed in and had a quiet one. 我就在家呆着,什么也没干。
41. It was THIS BIG. 有这么大呢!
42. I'm working late tonight. 昨晚干活到深夜。
43. I bought the last one. 我买的是最后一个。
44. I'm not ready for a relationship. 我还不想开始一段情。
45. It's just what I've always wanted. 这正是我想要的啊。
46. I'm going to have one more for the road. 再喝一杯就走。
47. I wrote your number down incorrectly. 我把你的电话号码记错了。
48. You look like you've lost weight. 看起来你苗条多了。
49. My car wouldn't start. 我这车打不着火了。
50. I didn't realize you fancied him/ her too. 我不知道你也喜欢他(她)。
研究发现,每个英国人平均每天要说谎四次,或者每年约说谎1500次。
A spokesman for OnePoll, which carried out the research of 4,300 adults, said: "As a nation we are obsessed with trying to be nice and not upsetting people.
该研究由英国市场调查公司OnePoll策划,共调查了4300位英国成年人。其发言人对研究结果表示“我们民族太讲究礼貌了,(说谎是为了)不想让别人感到不适。
"Often little white lies can paper over what we actually want to say. Most of these were considered either completely harmless or tactically necessary depending on the situation in which they are delivered."
【英国人也吹牛!学学如何用英语优雅的“吹牛”】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-08-28
2020-08-20
2020-08-19