When I was younger, I always knew my parents had trouble with money.
当我是个孩子的时候,我知道父母经常缺钱用。
We would go to yard sales all the time,
我们总是买邻居转卖的二手物品
buy everyday supplies at Dollarama
日常用品都是从二手商店买来的
and work at and eat at a soup kitchen 4 nights a week.
每周有四天,我们会在夜晚去救济食堂干活,然后领餐吃饭。
Then, a new man walked into the soup kitchen and asked me what my name was.
有一天,一个陌生人走进救济食堂,问我的名字叫什么。
As I told him my name was Angela, my mom handed me the soup ladle and hair net to start getting to work.
我告诉他我的名字是Angela,这时妈妈已经把做汤用的长柄勺和卫生发网递给我,让我准备开工了。
After that, I couldn't find the strange man again.
在这之后,我就没见过那个陌生人了。
I searched everywhere
我找遍了整个食堂
and even asked the other men and women in the kitchen if they had seen him.
甚至问食堂里的其他大人,是否有人见过他
My mom thought I was going crazy,
妈妈以为我疯了
saying there was no one with me when she came to hand me my stuff.
她说,当她把那些劳动工具拿来递给我的时候,我身边根本没有任何人。
【陌生人寄来的小幸运】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15