She said I had been sitting alone and that it seemed I was talking to myself.
她说我一直独自坐在那里,看起来好像在自言自语。
Later that night in the car, my mom was crying.
后来,当天夜里,妈妈在车里哭了起来
I asked her what was wrong
我问她怎么了
and she told me the rent on our apartment had gone up
她告诉我,我们住的公寓租金又涨价了
and that my grandma had died.
我的奶奶也刚刚去世
She didn't know how she was going to pay for the funeral and the rent.
她不知道怎么支付葬礼的费用,还要支付房租
I assured her I would help pick up the odds and ends after she made as much as possible.
我向她保证,她只要尽力就行,剩下的空缺,我会想办法去挣回来
Once we got into the apartment building,
我们回到公寓大楼
she asked me to run to the mail room and grab the mail.
她让我去一趟传达室,把家里的信件带回去。
I went, and the only thing I could find was one single envelope.
我去了,只找到了一只信封
A familiar man called me back saying he thought I left something in our mailbox.
我刚走出传达室,一个有些脸熟的男人叫住我,他说,他想我把什么东西遗漏在信箱里了
【陌生人寄来的小幸运】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15