Liu said those interested in participating in the mission could contact the CNSA, and the deadline for the proposals will be August 31, 2019.
On Dec. 13, 2017, China's second lunar probe, Chang'e-2, after successfully completing its mission, rendezvoused with an asteroid named Toutatis at a distance of 770 meters, as the space rock, bigger than a city block, swept by Earth at a distance of around 7 million kilometers.
It was the world's first close fly-by observation of Toutatis. The probe took high-resolution images providing a number of discoveries.
So far, China has achieved five continuous successes in its lunar exploration program, including Chang'e-1, Chang'e-2, Chang'e-3, a test craft for Chang'e-5 and Chang'e-4.
China's Chang'e-4 probe made the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon at the beginning of this year. Chang'e-5 is scheduled to be launched at the end of this year to return lunar samples back to Earth.
China plans to launch a probe to explore Mars in 2020, which is expected to arrive at the red planet in 2021. China is also drawing up plans on its future lunar and deep space explorations.
"China has always valued exchanges and cooperation with its international counterparts while promoting deep space exploration and scientific and technological innovation," said Zhang Kejian, head of the CNSA.
China will contribute its wisdom, plans and strength in humankind's peaceful utilization of outer space, said Zhao Jian, deputy director of the Department of System Engineering of CNSA.
【国内英语资讯:China invites world scientists to explore asteroid, comet together】相关文章:
★ 大国角逐下的中亚
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15