A memory so vivid.
记忆还是如此鲜活
I sat by my dad's hospital bed,
我坐在父亲的病床前
his home for the last month.
最后的这个月里,病房就是他的家
Yes, it had been a full month
天呐,这个月够我受的
since I had broken my first promise.
因为我违背了自己的第一个诺言
But what else could I have done?
可是,我还能做什么呢
The battle against his cancer was lost.
与癌症病魔的斗争已经失败了
All that was left was to keep him comfortable
我们最后所能做的,就是让他舒舒服服的
and manage his pain.
帮他止痛
My sisters were right.
我的妹妹是对的
It was too big a task for me,
这样的负担对我来说太过沉重
for all of us.
对我们三个都是如此
So we, I, decided his remaining days would be in a hospital.
所以,我们三个,我,决定他最后的日子应该在医院度过
Determined to keep one of my promises,
但我决定一定要信守自己的第二个承诺
I made sure he was never alone.
我竭力确保他不是一个人
And then came that blessed, horrible day, exactly two years ago.
【他们在生命的岔路口相遇】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15