Romain Rolland once said:
罗曼·罗兰曾说:
"Most men die at twenty or thirty;
“很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了,
thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,
一过这个年龄,他们只不过变成了自己的影子
for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,
此后的余生不过在模仿自己中度过,
repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."
日复一日,更机械,更装腔作势地重复他们有生之年的所作所为、所思所想、所爱所恨。”
Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.
最近,我忽然发现这则引言说的就是我。
I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.
大学毕业之后,我听从父母的建议,在家乡找了一个稳定的公务员工作。
The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.
工作很轻松,工作量也很小。
So I have penty of time of mine own to spend.
所以我有充足的时间可以自由支配。
I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.
我买好了车和房子,并根据父母的安排去约会。
【英语美文:当你放弃探索,人生就结束了】相关文章:
★ 英语标准美文85
最新
2020-12-21
2020-08-06
2020-07-31
2020-07-30
2020-07-30
2020-07-30