RIO DE JANEIRO, May 5 -- Flamengo reached an agreement to reduce player salaries by 25% on Tuesday, helping the club manage costs during the coronavirus pandemic.
The reduction will apply to the months of May and June, and could be extended further, Flamengo said in a statement.
In addition, the Rio de Janeiro outfit postponed image rights payments for May and June to next year. The measures do not affect head coach Jorge Jesus and his backroom staff.
Flamengo also said that 6% of their workers had been laid off to help the club cope with the financial impact of the football shutdown.
The reigning Brazilian Serie A and Copa Libertadores champions said that the most "painful" decision was to cut staff.
Brazilian football was suspended in mid-March and there has been no indication of when it might resume.
【体坛英语资讯:Flamengo players agree to 25% pay cut】相关文章:
★ 体坛英语资讯:Government cooperation needed in doping fight
★ 体坛英语资讯:Female Yao a head above the rest
★ 体坛英语资讯:Hamilton wants Alonso out of McLaren
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Britney Spears not to be charged for hit-run accident
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Paris Hiltons marry hurry
★ 体坛英语资讯:Chinese lead table tennis qualifiers for Beijing
★ 体坛资讯:China exits AFC Asian Cup
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Halle Berry desperate to work in beaus restaurant
★ 体坛英语资讯:Win or lose, Jiang confident Williams will be shocked
★ 娱乐英语资讯:Jolie turns to porn star Gal Pal for catwoman tips
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15