又或者,这只是我备受歉疚感折磨的良心产生的想象?
Whichever, I wished it would leave me alone today.
无论如何,我都希望这个声音不要在今天来烦我
Come on, Dad,
拜托了,爸爸
let me enjoy my grandson's birthday.
请让我开开心心的度过孙子的生日吧
The little boy called to me,
我的小孙子 已经来到我面前
wanted me to see the masterpiece he was constructing in my yard.
他想让我看看他在院子里搭出的杰作
First things first.
事有先后
I lavished praise
我开始赞不绝口
and admiration on the little fellow's house – fort – whatever.
对这个小家伙搭出的房子——还是说,城堡?——随便叫它什么吧——大肆赞美
He beamed up at me,
他对我咧嘴一笑
a smile that never failed to warm my heart.
这样的微笑每次都能温暖我的心
I blinked back my tears.
我竭力止住眼泪
Two years after my beautiful grandson was born.
距离我可爱的小孙孙出生那天,已经过去两年了。
It was also two years to the day following my dad's death.
同样过去两年了,就在孙孙出生的前一天,我爸爸去世了
【他们在生命的岔路口相遇】相关文章:
★ 关于牙齿的小知识
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15