“I can’t remember your family’s names. Or indeed, whether you even have a family. Ah, well. Sue me.”
“我记不住你家人的名字。事实上,我连你有没有成家也不清楚。随便了。你不爽我也无所谓。”
“Of course! The more the merrier.”
“当然了!人越多越开心。”
“Please don’t come.”
“请不要来。”
“I’ve kept the receipt, just in case.”
“我留着收据,以防万一。”
“If you don’t love this gift and wear it immediately, I’m going to be mortally offended.”
“如果你不喜欢这个礼物,没有马上穿上它,我将会非常生气。”
“That’s so thoughtful. It’s exactly what I wanted.”
“你想的真是周到。这正是我想要的。”
“I hate it, I’m having trouble arranging my face into an approximation of gratitude and everyone can tell I’m lying.”
“我讨厌这个礼物,我正在努力挤出感恩的表情,但每个人都看得出我在撒谎。”
“Shall we play a board game?”
“我们要不要下一盘棋?”
“Shall we have a blazing family argument?”
“我们要不要来一场激烈的家庭争论?”
“Christmas is about the kids really, isn’t it?”
“圣诞节就是围着孩子转的,不是吗?”
【毒舌解析英国人的圣诞委婉语】相关文章:
★ 来自他人的善意
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15