“I know who you are,'' she said.
“我知道你是谁,”她说。
“That makes two of us, but who do think I am?”
“我有同感,但你觉得我是谁?”
“That's easy. You are Russell Crowe.''
“很简单,你就是罗素•克洛。”
“No, I am not.”
“不,我不是。”
“I know, I know, you have to say that. But I saw you in the Generaltor.”
“我懂,我懂的,你必须这么说。但是我在《角斗士》上看到你了。”
“The Gladiator?”
“《角斗士》?”
“Yes, I saw you. You were very good.”
“是的,我看见你了。你真是表演得太好了。”
“Look, I promise you, I am not Russell Crowe.”
“听着,我向你保证,我真的不是罗素•克洛。”
She took some persuading but eventually realized what was patently obvious. I was not a movie star.
她想要说服我,但最终意识到,显而易见,我不是电影明星。
I felt I had let her down, and offered to buy her a coffee.
我觉得我让她失望了,所以主动给她买了一杯咖啡。
No, she said, crestfallen, and started deleting her photographs.
她说,不用了。然后开始垂头丧气地删照片。
“Where do you live?” she asked, more out of politeness than interest.
【老外在中国:东京人都知道北京自行车多】相关文章:
★ 谈英语学习策略
最新
2020-09-15
2020-08-28
2020-08-21
2020-08-19
2020-08-14
2020-08-12