I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:
直到我看到一样东西,才开始猛踩刹车
a pothole in the road.
马路上有一个大坑!
Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again
我可不想第二次从车把手前面飞出去
I twisted my wheel
我调转车头
and stomped on my foot brakes
踩住脚下的刹车
as hard as I could.
用尽全力
I could hear the tires skidding
我听到轮胎摩擦地面的声音
as I flew off the bike.
接着就从车上飞了起来
Thankfully,
幸好
this time I landed on my back
这次我是背部着地
and in the soft grass
底下是柔软的草地
of the field along the side of the road.
原来是路边的一块草坪
I got up and laughed.
我站起来,大笑起来
I was happy to be alive
我为自己还活着感到高兴
and ready for one more ride
准备好了再骑一次
before heading home.
然后再回家
These days
如今
I am fifty one years old
我已经五十一岁了
and my bike riding days are far behind me.
骑着自行车撒野的岁月早已离我而去
【生命是一场荣耀的冒险】相关文章:
★ 用白菜制作的美女
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15