随着年岁渐长
I was diagnosed with a series of acute conditions
我被诊断出患有几种严重的疾病
which made it difficult for me to exercise.
让我很难锻炼身体
And soon, the weights started pounding up
很快我的体重就长了上来
over the years
经年累月
and my condition just kept getting worse and out of control
我的身体状况越来越糟糕,以致难以控制
which resulted in a very fatal condition called laziness.
最终的结果是,我患上了一种致命的疾病,懒癌
I find myself dragging my feet to go for a run or a stroll ,
我发现自己打不起精神去跑步或者散步
and often find excuses to rest.
总会找借口中途休息
The only motivation for me to go long distances now is food,
现在唯一能激励我多走路的动力就是食物
which explains the size of my belly.
这也就是我大腹便便的原因
However, I do remember a weekend
可是,我却记得有一个周末
when I woke up exhausted
我醒来后感到十分疲乏
after a 14 hour shift work the previous night,
因为前一晚值了14个小时的班
and felt motivated enough to go for a quick stroll in the park.
【英语美文:在生命的旅途上轻装简行】相关文章:
★ 精选英语美文阅读:被忽略的爱 Helpless love
最新
2020-12-21
2020-08-06
2020-07-31
2020-07-30
2020-07-30
2020-07-30