是的,情况很好
No, you can't go in.
但是你不能进去
Shall I show you to the family waiting room?
让我把你带到家属休息室去吧?
I declined, thanking the nurse
我婉拒,谢过护士
as I headed back to the stairs.
然后转头冲下楼梯
I was too late.
但一切都太迟了
I knew before I reached his room,
在到达爸爸的病房前,我冥冥中就知道了
before I saw the nurses unhook his monitors.
我看到护士正把检测仪的管子从爸爸身上摘下来
I broke my second promise.
我违背了我的第二个诺言
Dad had died alone.
爸爸是一个人孤孤单单的死去的
It had been a strange day,
那一天很奇怪
an emotionally exhausting day.
我感觉自己的所有情绪都被耗尽了
Joy, sorrow, guilt.
快乐,悲伤,歉疚
The miracle of new life, my grandson,
那个新诞生的生命的奇迹,我的小孙孙
and a terrible failure, my broken promise.
还有一场惨痛的挫败,我违背的诺言
"Promise me I will die in my own bed."
“答应我,我会死在自己的床上”
"Promise me I won't die alone."
【他们在生命的岔路口相遇】相关文章:
★ 来自他人的善意
★ 关于牙齿的小知识
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15