The epidural was planned before the pregnancy.
在我爱人怀孕前,我们就打算进行硬膜外麻醉。
But the private hospital dropped us about two weeks before the birth, citing an unrelated health condition my wife has that would in no way affect pain-free childbirth.
但在预产期前两周,那家私立医院以我妻子的健康状况为由将我们打发了。这个不相干的理由对进行无痛分娩毫无影响。
We couldn't hop on a plane to elsewhere by then.
那时,我们根本不可能跳上飞机,飞到别的地方。
So, public hospitals seemed our only choice.
所以,公立医院成为我们唯一的选择。
We were devastated. Horrified. Desperate.
之后,恐惧和绝望就萦绕在我和妻子周围。
Some people can endure giving birth without an epidural.
有些人可以忍受没有硬膜外麻醉的分娩。
My wife knew the stakes.
但我妻子知道那样做的危险。
Fortunately, we found another private hospital that accepted us, last minute. It was expensive. And worth every penny.
幸运的是,我们在最后一刻找到另一家愿意接收我们的私立医院。虽然价钱昂贵,但十分值得。
We cried again. This time, again, for joy.
我们哭了,这一次是喜悦的眼泪。
【老外在中国:痛不欲生的分娩过程】相关文章:
★ Ministry defends progress on human rights
★ China gets serious about seatbelt use
★ Charities open to religious groups
★ Boys have lower bar for university entry
最新
2020-08-21
2020-08-20
2020-08-19
2020-08-06
2020-08-05
2020-08-05