I was ten years old
那时我十岁
riding my bicycle
骑着自己的自行车
at break-neck speed
速度足以让我摔断脖子
down a hill near my home.
从家附近的山坡上向下俯冲
This was long before bike helmets were used
自行车头盔是很久之后才发明的
Only a month before
就在一个月之前
I had hit a rock in the road,
我撞到马路上的一块石头
flown over my handlebars
从车把手前面飞了出去
and smashed open my skull .
脑瓜开了瓢
I had walked home bleeding,
我浑身是血,走回了家
terrified my Mom,
吓坏了我的母亲
and gotten a trip to the hospital
去了一趟医院
to have my skull stitched shut again.
才把我的脑壳缝合好了
The memory of a boy is brief, however,
可是,小男孩都是好了伤疤忘了疼
so here I was back on my bike,
所以此刻我又在自己的自行车上了
flying fearlessly down a hill again.
义无反顾,飞也似地从山坡上往下冲
I was picking up speed
我一路加速
as I neared a curve in the road.
很快冲到马路上的一个拐弯处
【生命是一场荣耀的冒险】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15