Getting out of the back of the truck I stood in at a ranch home
从卡车后面翻身下车,我来到这座牧场里的木屋前
that was set back from the dirt road
木屋蜷缩在那条泥泞的公路里侧
just enough to be completely shaded by the biggest oak tree I had ever seen.
正好被一株橡树投下的树阴完全笼罩,那是我见过的最大的橡树
The house was square with a rusty old screened in porch that went all the way around.
木屋四面环绕着一圈封闭式的门廊,锈迹斑斑,衰朽不堪
I found out later it was built around 1860 and was completely constructed with square nails.
据我后来得知,这座木屋大约是在1860年建造的,全部用方头钉建成
To the left was a very impressive carriage barn with several vacant horse stalls.
木屋的左边是一座庞大的马车车厢,旁边还有几个空空的马厩
I could tell by the ware on the wood of these stalls
从马厩的木料上被磨损的痕迹我能看出
that at some time in the past
在过去的某个时候
this now quiet barn was a very active and important part of life on this ranch.
这座如今寂静无声的谷仓曾经充满喧嚣,在牧场的生活中扮演着自己重要的角色
The trunk of the oak tree was the corner of a fenced off section, out from one of the stalls strolls a huge cow.
【我的朋友黛西】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15