Why do the British say 'sorry' so much?
英国人为什么那么愿意说“对不起”?
获得16.6k好评的回答@Lee Ballentine:
It means something different over there. In the United States, “sorry” has a few widely used meanings.
“sorry”这个词在英国的含义和别处完全不一样。在美国,“sorry”这个词有几个广泛应用的含义:
(1) As a form of apology. I’m sorry I kicked your shin.
(1)用来道歉。很抱歉踢到你腿了。
(2) As an expression of sympathy. I’m sorry for your loss.
(2)表达同情。对你的损失我深感遗憾。
(3) As an adjective meaning inadequate. You are a sorry specimen.
(3)形容“不合适”。你这个家伙不合适。
To these, the British add
说到这儿,英国人要补充一句
(4) As an interjection meaning “I didn’t hear you, could you repeat that?”
(4)用作插入语“我没听清,你能重复一下吗?”
A: "Lie nuff cacophany?"
“谎话连篇?”
B: "Sorry?"
“抱歉能再说一遍吗?”
A: "I said, would you like another cup of coffee?"
“我说,你再来杯咖啡吗?”
获得70好评的回答@Nicholas Hayes:
I’m terribly sorry but we’re just doing it to be polite. Much like Japan, when your country develops it’s sense of manners under a system where armed warriors are the norm (knights/samurai), you tend to establish patterns of speech designed to reduce aggression.
【英国人为什么总爱道歉?】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15