The lower branches were becoming bare.
下层的树枝开始变得光秃秃的
The needles on the branches a little further up had turned brown.
上端的枝条上,那些尖尖的树叶也开始变成棕色
Only the top third of the tree was still green.
只有最顶端第三层的枝叶还青翠着
Last summer I did my best to save it by feeding it a lot of fertilizer but to no avail.
去年夏天,我竭尽全力想要救活它,给它喂了一大堆肥料,结果去无济于事
This morning I went out and looked at it again.
今天早上,我出门的时候又看了它一次
I was deciding on whether it would be better to just cut it down.
我考虑着是不是应该直接把它砍掉为好
It sure would make mowing the lawn easier
这样一来修剪草坪也会比较容易
and I would no longer have to watch it slowly decay .
我也再不用看着它慢慢枯萎,心生悲苦了
As I walked over to take a closer look at it, however,
可是,当我慢慢走近它,仔细一看
I noticed something moving within the needles.
我发现树叶丛中有什么东西在移动
It was a robin patiently building a nest in the topmost branches.
那是一只知更鸟,它正栖在最高的枝条上,不辞劳苦的想把自己的窝搭在那里
【一株垂垂老矣的常青藤】相关文章:
★ 日本外相喊话外媒:安倍晋三的正确写法应该是Abe Shinzo
★ 国产羽绒服在美卖疯了,纽约街头撞衫率爆表!加拿大鹅:我不要面子吗
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15